Changes to bus services in Tewkesbury Borough
Changes will be made to some bus services with effect from week commencing Monday 2nd April 2012. You may recall that consultation was undertaken last summer on a range of options for the future of bus services subsidised by the County Council. This was part of a wider review arising from changes to funding priorities.
New timetables were introduced for many subsidised bus services in November last year. However, we have taken a "second look" at proposals for around 35 services where achieving good value for money on public transport expenditure has proved to be challenging. We cannot afford to retain these services without making changes although many villages will receive an improved service due to the following initiatives:
1. Castleways Coaches will be introducing a new Monday to Saturday service 606, linking Alderton and Gretton with Winchcombe and Cheltenham. This will be provided without subsidy.
2. Third Sector Services, acharity that connects communities through transport and volunteering,will be operating a new community transport service called Tewkesbury Community Connector 630. This service will run on Mondays to Saturdays and will provide:
- several communities with a direct service to Tewkesbury each day;
- direct links to Bishop’s Cleeve where connections can be made for Cheltenham;
- links to Sedgeberrow and Beckford where connections can be made for Evesham.
- The communities served include Alderton, Alstone, Dumbleton, Gretton, Laverton, Great Washbourne, Oxenton, Stanton, Stanway, Teddington, Toddington, Winchcombe and Wormington.
An information leaflet for the Tewkesbury Community Connector service is attached in addition to a summary sheet of service provision by village.
For further information about all other bus services, please contact Traveline by calling 0871 200 22 33 or visit their website www.traveline.info.
Should you have any concerns or queries about these services please contact us on 01452 425599 or email email@example.com.