Page under construction
The hand operated gritter is now available for use.
We have now taken possession of a hand operated gritting machine which will be stored in a locked box at the rear of the village hall.
In the meantime you can have access to the machine by contacting the clerk on 07917147627.
The Parish Council can accept no responsibility for personal injury or damage to property when using the machine.
How can I use the spreader?
- Rring either the clerk or a councillor to come and unlock the box.
- The useof the grit spreader is self-explanatory. Grit is put into the
hopper and the
lever set at a level that distributes the grit evenly.
- Users will be asked to sign a release form and put their contact number.
- The Parish Council accept no liability whatsoeverfor p ersonal injury, death or damage to property to the user or by the user.
- Normal safety procedures should be followed at all times such as the user should be dressed for cold weather, wear stout shoes and gloves and always operate the spreader when no traffic is present. It would be preferable that two people always be present, one to check traffic and one to operate the spreader.